Monday, June 23, 2014

Walk Safe

A few years ago, I came across this excellent "WALK SAFE" advice to workers from a heavy highway construction company. 
 
   Watch our step & use 3-point contact on ladders

   Always wear our hard hats & other required PPE

   Lift with our knees & not our back

   Keep our body clear of pinch points & crushing hazards
 

   Stay clear of overhead & underground utilities

   Alert our friends & co-workers of hazards

   Find ways to prevent falls, slips, & trips

   Eliminate hazards & injuries!


Step back 2 yards for 2 minutes and ask yourself…
  • Am I focused and have I identified all the hazards?
  • Do I have safe access to and from my work area?
  • Am I prepared with the proper PPE including safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and a high visibility vest or shirt?
  • Am I going to need help lifting or moving something heavy and awkward?
  • Are my feet, hands, and body clear of all pinch point areas?
  • Will any overhead or underground utilities be near my work?
  • While doing my work, will I be exposed to a fall, slip, or trip?
  • Now, I'm ready to "WALK SAFE."

No comments:

Post a Comment